Pioneering Sex Positive Retailer Makes a Difference for Pride
Good Vibrations, the trusted San Francisco-based sex-positive retailer, announces its new nonprofit partners for the summer months, including Pride Month in June. The company is partnering with Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific, Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center, and El/la Para Translatinas in San Francisco; AIDS Project of the East Bay in Oakland; the Billy De Frank LGBT Community Center in San Jose; and Fenway Health in Boston from May through July. Partnerships with these organizations were formed because June is Pride Month and each of the organizations has a strong commitment to serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities.
From May 1st – July 31st Good Vibrations’ customers can support these regional nonprofits in Good Vibrations’ San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Palo Alto and Brookline stores by making a financial gift at the time of their purchase in any Good Vibrations retail stores. 100% of your contribution goes to the nonprofit of your choice. Online shoppers can contribute directly to our web partner, Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific, at checkout and learn more about the donations program on the GiVe Partner page.
Staff Sexologist Dr. Carol Queen says, “We are delighted to partner with local nonprofit organizations that serve LGBTQ communities. For over 37 years Good Vibrations has partnered with hundreds of nonprofit and grassroots groups, including organizations that support LGBTQ health and sexuality. By donating products, advertising and sponsorship for fundraisers, along with a percentage of retail sales, we have provided much needed support for HIV/AIDS research, art programs, LGBTQ benefits, sexuality education, and much more. We are proud of that legacy and glad to continue.”
Summer GiVe Partners:
- Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific provides over 100,000 individuals with health care and education services at more than 30 sites throughout 17 Northern California counties. They reach people through health care services, education programs, and advocacy initiatives.
- El/La Para Translatinas is an organization for transgender Latinas that works to improve the quality of life of TransLatinas in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Asian & Pacific Islander (API) Wellness Center’s mission is to transforms lives by advancing health, wellness, and equality for people of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and immigration statuses. They believe everyone deserves to be healthy and needs access to the highest quality health care.
- The AIDS Project East Bay is a community based organization, dedicated to preventing the spread of HIV and supporting individuals infected with the virus through programs targeted at some of the most vulnerable and marginalized individuals in Alameda County.
- The Billy DeFrank LGBT Community Center strives to be the LGBT community’s premier resource hub and a recognized leader in promoting health, strength, diversity and inclusiveness.
- The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research and advocacy.
To learn more about Good Vibrations GiVe program and to see this year’s beneficiaries, visit Good Vibrations’ GiVe Donations Sponsorship Page.
ABOUT GOOD VIBRATIONS
Good Vibrations is the San Francisco Bay Area based retailer trusted for more than three decades to provide a comfortable, safe environment for finding quality products, trusted information and educational materials to enhance one’s sex life. Visit online at, goodvibes.com. Please follow us on Twitter @GoodVibesToys